Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Going beyond the Box



Stepping into greater 'being' comes, very often, with a big 'magnifying glass', where we are being presented with and given the opportunity to look into areas where we have tugged away judgments and points of view, unnoticed, unacknowledged and hidden. When these come up, first thing is to keep breathing, and then ask "What's right about this I'm not getting?"

Wanna hear a little story about that? Keep reading, then.

Today, I came across an old email folder, and I opened an email from 2012 that said the following "Dear Bettina, We have been busy reviewing images on ..(our website).. these past few days, and have come to the conclusion that your work is not appropriate for the markets we are trying to reach. .... Your images will not appear on our website, and no further action is required on your end. Please accept our very best wishes to you in the creation and marketing of your artwork. Sincerely, xyz".

Reading this brought up monsters and ghosts that I had shut away in some closets.... and they started all dancing around me!!!! Wow!!!! How much power had I given away to that one person, that one organization, 4 years ago (almost 5 years)? I had all kinds of emotions come up (this morning), ranging from anger, vengeance, sadness and more anger and more anger and upset and so much resistance....!!!! Clearing out all of that!!!! I was definitely NOT in allowance of their choice. There was rejection, 'not good enough' and not being willing to receive judgment.

Looking into this, I saw that I had stopped putting my art out to any organizations, always concerned about more rejection and more judgment. And, what did this create? A box. And more rejection and judgment of me and my creations. Funny is, with being an artist, I'm playing in an area of this reality where there is quite a bit of judgment, and then I refuse to receive judgment????

When I refuse to receive all the shades of judgment that anybody has about art, my art, when I refuse that, how small and hidden do I have to be? I have allowed these people with their points of view to stop me. I allowed that energy to contaminate my well of joy and creation. Like a poison. I made my being and creation so little, and I let people trample on me and my art. Wow! No more. I receive all the judgment that I chose to not receive, in any past or lifetime, I receive it all today. This is all changing now. So grateful that I have the tools now that I didn't have then. And these tools even change the past....

A good question to use is also (and I use it today!) "What does this (email or judgment) mean to me?" All the meaning that we give to things or points of view are only a story. A story that we use to stop us. A story is a box that limits what we can create, receive and be.

Could it be fun for you to access the open space beyond any box? If you would like to look into where you have created a box and you would like to get out of that box, join me on January 28th, in Wisconsin.

I'm offering a class, "A Taste of Out of the Box". More information and registration HERE

#thisischanging #outofthebox #livingoutofthebox #AccessConsciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment