Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Deep Forest Being - a Choice and Possibility


'Tree Giant', photography by Bettina Madini
"What do you see when you look at this picture?" asked the wood fairy. I gazed at the roots, mosses, the faces everywhere. 
"Imagine, you are a little tiny speck of light.... right at the roots of this giant tree.... this is the size of tree that used to be. ..." She smiled at me her gentleness, and I could tell from the depth of her green eyes that she tried to awaken something in me. "What do you know about the giants that once were?", I asked her with that shimmer of knowing dawning on the horizon of my awareness. She laughed and tiny sparkles and pollen dust swirled all around her. "That, my friend, is for you to find out! What do YOU know?", she tilted her head just a bit, and I couldn't tell whether she looked at me or slightly past me. But whatever she did there, it gave me shivers and a sense of magic. 
A wave of gratitude moved through me, and I laid down on the mossy grounds and fell asleep. My dream took me deep into the forest... I dived into flower beds, and their gentle aromas nurtured my senses. The glistening green blue waters of the ponds caressed my skin and I caressed them in return. Everything was alive, and so became I. Alive, alive! Breathing everything. The light, all the shades, strong roots of trees that had not seen a logger ever. 
Trickles of water that relieved my heart with their magical sinfonie. Invisible 'hands' and energies touching, soothing, changing everything I thought was not possible. Hope turned into knowing. Thinking vanished for Being. I swirled and danced, I sang my song of joy and gratitude. Yes, that! I know THAT! It doesn't have a name, it cannot be saved or preserved. It doesn't matter even whether it's present, past or future. It is a space that we can choose, and in the moment of our choosing it becomes a reality. It is my reality. We be it. And we receive the wonders.....We become the wonder. 
I glid from what I would describe as a dream that was not a dream, I gently glid where I was now sitting next to my fairy-friend and looking into her eyes that were universes. We didn't say a word, as there was no words. We communicated and exchanged our knowing and receiving. And the space in us and around us expanded and grew. We both grew. 
THAT is what I chose as my reality. We both smiled, and tears welled up in my eyes. Tears of gratitude and intense, peaceful joy. Nothing more to be said.
So, my friends,, we are the giants. Are you willing to recognize that about you, to acknowledge it? Then, the next questions will be: From that space, What can we create? What joy of being on planet earth can we choose and be?



1 comment: