Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

A Wonderfully Gloomy Day - What's Your Reality?



I was slipping into some dragging energy earlier today, some winy-sad-ish type of 'gloom'. It would have been very easy to drag myself into the complainer-point of view, how nothing was right, how nobody would make me something tasty to eat, and how my grandmother and my mother were the only ones who would have a cup of coffee for me, how gloomy the day was... and, oops, this was the moment when I caught it! What was that? A gloomy day? "That's an interesting point of view!", I thought!


What makes a day gloomy? Not too long ago I was wishing for rain and so happy when it arrived! So, I started asking a question! What else could I choose here? I know I love nature! I do love rain! I love wind! Of course, I love the sun and a warm breeze, too! Yet, what makes rain and cold wind wrong or bad? What if this was just a point of view? The energy started shifting!

I wondered, what else I could choose? I asked my body! Painting? Emm, no! Knitting? No. Running, walking? Nooo. Cookies? Oh, there was light in my world! The sun was rising, and my body jumped with excitement. Ok, so cookies then! All of a sudden, it was really fun to make my favorite cookies! (which are, by the way, shortbread cookies!) I had some dried lavender flowers from my garden and sprinkled them on some of them! Lots of butter! You have to have lots of butter! My body loves it! And honey! 


I was singing while the oven heated up! Oh, how 'snugglish'! And the smell when they were baking! You don't get that in the summer! Even if you would be baking, it would not be the same! There is something about baking aromas on a cold day! I went in the garden and picked some of the last, red and totally tasty apples, picked some mint for fresh mint tea and some of the last zinnias for prettiness.

It turned out to feel like a feast! (It still IS a feast!) The energy had totally shifted, and I was and still am so grateful for each ingredient on my banquet table! 

 It is SO true! Your point of view does create your reality! I shifted my point of view, and my reality changed! All of a sudden, I heard the fairies giggle again, the leaves laughing on their wild-wind-ride, I sensed the gratitude of the earth for the rain and the joy of living!

I wonder who's point of view I had bought into? What if we had no point of view about weather or the forecasts? What if we had no point of view about snow or rain or sun or wind or..... Once a wise man said to me "There is no bad weather, there is only the wrong clothes!"

So, here I am celebrating the moment! My reality includes the magic of changing the energy of a moment! Where I can make a different choice. Nothing is real, nothing is true. Everything is just an interesting point of view.

What's your reality?

Sending you sunshine and snowy raindrops! (with fairy sparkles, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment