Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Invitation ….. to the Space of You

"Joy of the Phoenix" by Bettina Madini



I’d like to invite you today…. to a space …. Let’s call it space of creation.
It is the space I live with and in, a space so familiar to me and so different for others.

It is the space I create everything in and from. The more awareness I have on my journey, the more I realize that I cannot give you THAT. You are your space of creation. You need to choose it. What I can gift to you is questions that will allow you to let go of limitations, so you can get out of the box and be the artist that you are.

I have been facilitating painting classes, and people approach me with the question “How do you do that?, How do you paint?” and they come to the conclusion that they could never do it….

See, in this reality, we learn that learning is copying, or let’s say ‘doing it like ‘the teacher’’, ‘following the instructions’, the ‘How to’. The thing is, I’m not interested in showing you the ‘how to’. This is not, by the way, how I entered the journey of painting. Luckily, my first ‘teacher’ was more of a guide who stayed next to me or behind me, and together we went on a journey. If you are looking for someone who will tell you exactly how to paint, well, I might not be the person for you. There are many, though, that will provide that. I invite you to a different possibility.

I remember this funny story. The company who is hosting my website once did a survey to find out what artists deem important for their business. One of the questions was “Do you think that further education and art classes will increase your competence and your success as an artist?” It was multiple choice, and I checked ‘No’. I got an email back with an interesting energy and further questions, such as ‘You are the only one saying no to that question. Would you like to further explain why you think art classes are not vital?’ Wow, this was interesting to me. This is truly this reality’s point of view. In order to be accepted and acknowledged as an artist, you need credentials. In my world, I am my credentials. I was surprised that I seemed to be ‘the only one’.

To me, the artist is in you already. This is my point of departure. I am more interested in you acknowledging your capacities and talents and finding where you are limiting you. I would be delighted in assisting you in the clearing. THIS is exciting to me! I know that you know. No one knows more about you than you. You are unique, and you have gifts and talents that you have not even touched yet, not even considered possible. And, I go a bit further: What if you have gifts that not one person on the planet is currently even talking about, or teaching? What do you know that nobody else does?

What interests me is what makes you tick when you see a color? When you hear a sound, see a painting, see the sunset or the ocean? When the wind caresses your skin? When you look at the tree in your yard and you have this urge to go out and sit by it? What is that? What is that that is touching you, that you cannot define, as it is space? That energy that you are aware of BEFORE you start thinking and reasoning and justifying why you cannot you out to the tree?

What if nothing could stop you EVER any more to follow that which is so light, so kind, so beautiful that one thought can crush it? Would you be willing to explore this? Make space for that in your life? And what if you painting that?

Not one person could teach me how to paint, and I don’t have a cognitive answer for you. I don’t approach creating from linear, sort of A to B to C, to ‘finish!’. I’m more interested in you CHOOSING the color, shape, line that create something. Each choice creates. And then, you can choose again, you can change it.

When you find for yourself what you CAN create, there is such joy and power, that you would not have if I told you. Do you get that? I cannot and WILL NOT take that from you.

These were the greatest gifts that I received from amazing people in my life. They walked with me, never in front of me. They asked me questions. They never gave me an answer.

The ‘How To’ is always an answer. It implies that you don’t know so you have to be told ‘how to do it’.

My question to you is “What would you like to paint?” and “What question can you ask to make painting and playing with color ease and joyful for you?” and “What could you paint that you have never considered possible?”


Bettina Madini is an internationally renowned artist, a singer and Access Consciousness® Certified Facilitator. Her paintings can be found in corporate and private collections in the United States, Europe and Australia. She facilitates Creativity classes and Access Consciousness® Core classes. Find her class schedule here: http://bettinastar-rose.com/workshops
More information about Bettina’s painting intensive here: http://bettinastar-rose.com/workshop/7790/painting-workshop-intensive

No comments:

Post a Comment