Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2015

My friend the Queen – Or: Killing energy as the greatest Kindness



 "Butterflies and Bees", by Bettina Madini
I learn so much from my bees! By watching them and receiving from them. Receiving what they know and what I know too that I have forgotten or pretended not to know. And here is where the magic starts…. I have a story for you:

I worked in my bee hives yesterday. I check on them every once in a while when I get the ‘knowing’ of it being a contribution to them. I work with them, as far as what they are creating, are they getting ready to swarm, have they swarmed, is the queen ok, do they have enough water, were there critters in the hives, just to name a few things. The two hives that were installed at the same time, next to each other, showed two totally different scenarios.

Today, I would like to talk about one hive that had already swarmed this year. In this hive, I found 23 queen cells and a virgin queen. I chose to cut out most of the queen cells, some of them looking really ‘ripe’. I do this to change the scenario of them swarming several times and leaving an empty hive. So, I placed the queen cells in a container on the side. While continuing the hive check, I heard, from that container, scratching noise from one of the queen cells. See, sometimes, when I cut them off I might slightly open a queen cells. Usually, there is a larvae in there, rarely a fully grown queen ready to emerge. But there could be a queen ready to emerge in there. Now, that one cell sounded really like somebody kickin’ to come out! Better close that lid!, I thought. Within about half an hour, three queens had emerged from three of the cells. They were running around in the container, crawling over the other ‘cocoons’. One of them was bigger and more vital than the other two. They were checking each other out and running around in there for about 1 hour.

When I looked at them again later, the larger queen made a choice. She killed the smallest of the three first, and then the other one. Within 5 minutes, the other two queens were dead. That queen didn’t hesitate to use here killing energy, as there can only be ONE queen only in a hive. She had emerged, she was strong, she didn’t have one worker bee to feed her, instead, she was in a tiny box, but she was fighting for something.

Hmmmm… I wondered, what else is possible? I didn’t have room for yet another hive, yet her strength and willingness to create fueled a possibility in me. We started calling around for who was looking for a queen bee. Joel made two phone calls and actually found someone in Madison who was looking for a queen.

I found three volunteer worker bees to take care of the queen and feed her overnight, and today, we drove the royal queen to Madison. The lady was delighted when she saw her and learned that she was carnelian, a stronger eastern European breed that can endure Wisconsin winters with greater ease.

In exchange for her royal highness, I received a jar of the most amazing raw honey, made by the bees from that farm. A precious gift! The lady reached the jar to me kind of apologetically with the words “I’m sorry, this honey is caramelized, but you can warm it a little bit, and it will be liquid again!” Oh, little did she know! This is my favorite honey! What a delight!!!! I prefer the caramelized honey to the liquid one. And the color! It’s amber! I literally took that jar in a delighted jump! She looked at me with wonder, saying “Oh, your enthusiasm! Come join us at our meetings! We get together and talk about bees once a month!” So sweet! Such kindness! I wonder, if we all would talk bees instead of anger, what world could we create?

A queen bee fighting for what she knew was possible, against all odds, creating for a future! A future among flowers and fairies, butterflies and rolling hills, on a planet so lusciously abundant, a world so quietly pounding with intensity that the touch of a butterfly wing on a sunny day can erupt a volcano of joy in a heart. THIS is the magic that I choose. THIS is the gift I received from a potent being that doesn’t know what giving up is, that demands from herself to be whatever is required and that creates HER reality, NO MATTER WHAT! And see what she created?

I wonder, are you about to give up? What if your friend was an invisible, potent queen with wings? You could ask “What would my queen friend choose here?” in any situation, or when you have that giving-up-energy.

She opened me to an entire new level of receiving and being. And what if we killed the areas in us where we are less than being all of us? What if we killed the limitations in us, the limited version of us, the doubt, fear, no-money, the 'problem' we think we have? What if we killed the im-possibility?

And, what else CAN we receive? The gifting IS the receiving IS the contribution we are to everyone and everything.

What is actually true for you? If you chose your reality, what would you choose? Would you allow others to walk over you, or would you make a heroic move and open your magnificent wings and choose what works for you?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much Bettina for beautiful awareness and your willingness to listen to this amazing creature! What would it take for me to be aware of all the places in my life that no longer serve me and either kill them off or let them go. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YES, Jamie!!!! Would you choose this?
    So grateful for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete