Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2016

If You're Dreaming of Something - Go For It!




"When you stop judging your choices and what you are doing, you open a door to a new possibility that you can't get any other way" - Gary Douglas

I love this quote! In the art world there are so many judgments! As an example, a couple of years ago, I showed my portfolio to a gallery, a well-known gallery, and the owner looked at me and said 'Do you know what is currently up-to-date, what is currently being painted by famous artists? Do you read any art magazines?", and I looked at her with curiosity about what would come next. And she walked me to a table with piles of shiny art magazines and said "You should read those to see what is collectible".

 looked at realistic paintings of cars and cows and glassware, and I thought 'What unkindness and what concept of creation!' I also thought 'Why would I paint what everybody else is painting, if it is not inspiring to me?' Her message was basically 'Go home and rethink what you're doing!' It could have been so easy for me to go into judgment of my paintings and start painting what she said was 'en vogue'. Yet, I didn't. Luckily. If we all created the same, what would the world be like? Richer or poorer?

In the end, an opinion is just an opinion. A judgment is just a point of view.

My encouragement to you is, if you are dreaming of creating something, go for it!

IF you have stopped yourself or you started creating what everyone creates, what if you can still always change that? A choice from the past is nothing but..... a choice from.... the.... past. It has nothing to do with the present. If you choose what's fun for you, somewhere there will be someone, somewhere there will be a molecule, that will be inspired by you.

What if we all never give up?

You know stuff! You do! If anything inspires you, play with it! Use the color that you love! Wear it! Paint it! Who cares what others are saying? There will always be someone who has to say something. There will always be something wrong. There will always be a critique. If people can make the weather wrong, (seriously, how could weather be wrong?) they can make anything wrong. The greatest artists have been made wrong, the greatest musicians have been ridiculed, and who cares?

Create, my friends, what's joyful for you! You ARE changing reality by choosing JOY and HAPPINESS. You ARE opening the door to a different possibility if you don't judge you, if you don't judge your body, if you don't judge your creations.

Gosh, there is a place for you HERE. If not, YOU wouldn't have chosen to be on the earth NOW!

It's the space of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment