Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

How many more gifts and talents? Really?




"Creation" by Bettina Madini

This is the first piece from the Art Challenge. I painted deep into the night and finished it today.

I had really interesting conversations while painting. I always have the most amazing conversations when I paint. And, yes I admit, I always just brushed over them with 'no big deal!, everybody has this!'. This has been with me, ever since I remember!

As a kid, living in a pretty turmoiled family, with my parents always fighting and being mean to each other, I would crawl behind the curtain in the room that I shared with my sister and talk to my invisible friends. They were always kind to me and lifted me up and told me stories that I loved.

Now, this is what I experience now when I paint. I have conversations with different beings, and I learn a lot just about anything. And then, this morning, I just had an awareness about something else that I had not acknowledged so far, up until today. With certain paintings, I find myself painting something and then later take things away, wipe off the paint, with a clear sense of 'clearing 'it' out'. I take out energies and clear them while I paint.

While painting "Creation" (this is not a final title yet... if there is such a thing) I had that experience. I had started the painting about 6 months ago and left it in a 'rudimentary' state as the energy didn't seem to be moving any further. I picked it up about 5 days ago. At this time, also, I had one of these rough, tough days, for no reason, where it almost seemed to hard to stay around on the planet. I woke up in the morning feeling awful, and my body was aching all over. My feet had such intensity that I could hardly set them on the ground. I said to a friend of mine "I feel as if my tectonic plates are moving!", pretty much aware of the metaphor that came out of my mouth!

I tried everything that would usually create a different space for me and my body, and this time it didn't shift it. What was this? What could I do with this? Could I change it? I went in my studio and took this unfinished painting out. I started lifting off paint, clearing out areas and moving around in the painting. As I went, I started to lighting up. I remember bits and pieces of my conversation that flew by like a feather touch. Talking with some beings, lifting off paint, I cleared energies. 'No, this is not going to happen. You leave now! Enough of the unconsciousness and stupidity and idiotic destruction of this planet!' The interesting part of this was that there was no charge, not with me and not with these energies. No judgment at all. It was a simple and clear 'putting-my-foot-down-type "NO!" like a gentleness with potency, if this makes any sense.

With each brushstroke the colors brightened up! There was even a glow I noticed in my eyes (or, maybe I got so tired? Oh, just another reason and justification creeping in!... ). Some lingering energy that had set up for more devastation on the Earth chose finally to leave. I started to feel better by the hour.

Was this possible? Could this be a gift that I had never acknowledged? Unheard of. It sort of feels really weird to even mention this here. And yet I know it's ok and it's time now to show up. So, I expose myself to that vulnerability.

Oh, and by the way, I found out the next day that there were 72 earthquakes all over the planet that day. Oh, yeah, my tectonic plates were moving..... 

What gifts do you have that you have never acknowledged? And how often have you attributed this to mere fantasy, or 'that's not possible', 'yeah, right!'s?

What if the time is now to recognize your gifts? These things that you have always been doing with such ease that you barely noticed them? What if this is a contribution that the Earth requires and that you could gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment