Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 28 – Remember The Days?

--> -->


Wow! I woke up very early this morning, after only very few hours of sleep!, my heart beating with excitement! “Hey body!”, I asked, “we could still sleep a little longer!” Body said “No! It’s time to get up!” I double-checked whether I was not still tired, and I wasn’t! I was WIDE awake!

Swirling energy in me, more than swirling, some letting go of the old, and new creative energy coming in! Totally amazing no-point-of-view-pure-FUN-energy! Where can I apply this generative creative energy today?

I was going to play and sing at my favorite coffee shop in small town Portage, and I was so excited! Some new cover songs ready to be performed with barely any preparation time at all, fingers quickly creating magic with the guitar, I wondered how I would burn a couple of my new “Gratitude Meditation” cd’s and create the cd cover, all within 30 minutes! I sat down at my mac and just wondered as to ‘What would it take to create that in 30 minutes?’, and also getting a print ready for shipping, in addition, of course, to getting me ready to show up!

At the speed of space, I did it! I created the new cd’s, with a new cover, and also burned a few of the other cd’s that I thought I had ran out of, magically slipped into an outfit that I threw together within 5 minutes, put on the fancy frickin’ awesome shoes that a friend had offered me (as of now they will be called my magical performance shoes), and I grabbed my guitar and my lap harp, and off we went to town!

Seriously, I didn’t have a clue of what I would be creating. I just knew I would be showing up…, and Yes, I did show up! Wow, was that fun! Totally imperfect, and totally GREAT! I spoke in all the languages that I know of, and some more, imitated accents and told stories, changed lyrics, let my voice ‘roll’ its own flow! We all were laughing, sad faces started smiling, we were giggling and being silly and carefree, across all ages! What if we didn’t buy into the sadness and depression? What other choice can we make? This little girl there just in front of me who’s parents had told me that she was so sad, looked at me with curiosity and her blue eyes started beaming joyfully! What if we chose happiness? Her mother was glued to my lips and took in each word! I could see how it computed in her being. Yes, we can make a different choice! What if it was that easy?

The magic we be is not the product of long studies! The stand-up comedian has it, is it! You can of course study anything, and you can study many years, yet the inspiration, the contagious spark comes from the one who stands up and shows up as who he be. You cannot prepare for being. You be it.

I can prepare a song. Singing the song is different. And it is different each time. The color is different, the flow is different, the hue changes with each cloud blown past by the wind. No note is ever the same. There is a deliciousness in that. You dance with it. Without the desire to catch it. It is wild and free and it invites you to dance with it. And you are free also. And in that freeness a new universe is created, stars are being born! It is the everlasting moment of the divine wildness. What else can we create from here?

Today, we made each other’s day. Every single one of us who showed up, for one reason or another, it doesn’t matter, found something more than what we expected that shifted our realities! Joy is possible. Happiness is possible. And it is as simple as choosing it!

In small-town Midwest, not in Paris, not in New York City, not in Tokio, we created a spark, an inspiration, that went into the earth and around it and beyond it. And it created something so different, something so beautiful!

I got a card from a friend from NYC today, and she wrote “Remember the days when you first moved in and found a lovely chair in Manhattan and had to cab it to Queens?” I do remember! And I remember how the cab driver wanted to kill me for that. I was determined to finagle this huge chair into the trunk of his car and take it with me to my new home in Forest Hills! It’s a little example of perceiving the miracle in the moment. Finding this chair in the street and ask “Wow, how do I get this big baby to Queens?” and seeing the possibility and not listening to this reality’s lies of impossibility. The driver said it wasn’t possible. And I knew we could do it! Against his bitching and complaining we managed to get the chair in, and I could take it to my new home!

I have many stories like that!

What do we choose each moment? Joy or sadness? Possibility or impossibility?

Something changed today, for all of us, for the earth, for the future! I'm receiving brilliant, exciting water-bubbling-energy-sparkles-of-oxygenated-infinitely-joy-enhanced-molecules-beyond-great- creation-phenomenal-possibilities! Thank you universe! I wonder what else is possible from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment