Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

“The Large Blue Horses” (Die Grossen blauen Pferde) by Franz Marc

The Large Blue Horses” (Die Grossen blauen Pferde) by Franz Marc

I walked into the Kandinski exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum the other day, in total anticipation and excitement about seeing the amazing works of one of my favorite painters! Little did I know what I really went there for.

Making a strolling turn into the second exhibit room, I stopped in my tracks, staring at this large painting of the blue horses! Magnetically drawn to it, I heard the words “There you are, my friends! It’s been a long time! So good to see you again!”, and I started crying with tears of what seemed to be so similar to recognition. What did I recognize? I wanted to touch it, to follow the lines with my hands, again. These amazing lines, so precise, so sure and confident, and so allowing and flexible! The deep blue, the bold deep blue! I looked around, and the security guy started to follow my every move. He must have picked up on my energy! My cell phone in my hand, I waited for a moment to take a picture, yet his suspicious eyes didn’t give me a second of a break…

“Oh! Never mind!”, I thought and took advantage of the remaining time I had with the horses, the colors and the energy of sunset anthems.

I got as close as I could under severe surveillance and looked closely at the reds, blues, yellows, and I thought “Next time, I would give it more detail.” Wow, who’s thought was that?

I remembered, in my teens I had a post card of one of Franz Marc’s blue horse paintings! I had it pinned on my wall in my room.  I loved it, and it gave me strength. The colors gave me joy, and the boldness of these beloved animals that meant so much to me seemed like the comfort of a good friend that was always present for me in moments of despair.

I had never seen any of these paintings in this lifetime in physical form.
They are somehow part of me, part of my being.

Could it be the space of creation where we have access to all creations that have ever been created? Access to each molecule that has ever been invited and received to dance the dance, to contribute to and play with each other and be the magic with the artist?

I am so grateful today for having experienced that grace, that wonder, that blueness that took shape on the canvas in these magnificent creatures.

My windows and doors opened, and they are gone. Open space instead. How many more magnificent beings, planets and universes will I create?

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment